Home Owners, you many qualify to easily defer property taxes until next February. OR, you may qualify for an exemption from property taxes altogether.
DEFERMENT – Here’s the criteria:
Taxpayers may defer their summer property tax if they meet the following criteria. Payment may be deferred until February 15 (payment must be received on or before February 14 in order to avoid penalties and interest) for principal residence property owned by a taxpayer who:
- •Has a total gross household income of $40,000 or less for the preceding tax year, and
- •Is totally and permanently disabled, blind, paraplegic, hemiplegic, quadriplegic, or
- •Is an eligible service person, eligible veteran, or eligible widow or widower, or
- •Is at least age 62
Click to access 4659_242861_7.pdf
- Up to 100% of your property taxes may qualify !
- Based on local township criteria, but must allow those that meet ‘poverty level guidelines’ & reasonable asset test (excluding principle residence).
- File the papers for poverty exemptions at the March, July, or December Board of Review.
- TYRONE TOWNSHIP, FENTON MICHIGAN
NEED ASSISTANCE? No charge for our Realty Clients & their referrals
- ___ Let me know if you need a ‘free workshop’. I’ll help complete deferments, no charge, and give tips on ‘property tax exemptions’ based solely on income, plus a QnA time for tips from decades of real estate, tax, & accounting practice. Great for your church, non profit, or retirement community.
Other helpful links: Calendar / Rates / Get a ‘YourSpace’ Portal
- Plan ~ YourVISION
- Develop ~ NetWorthBasics.com
- Execute ~ RealtyNetWorth.com
Now, more than ever, we are looking at your larger picture, considering ‘all the pieces’ to the tax/ networth puzzle.
> Request Appointment < click here. Other questions/coments: